StarStone is a global specialty insurer providing a diversified range of property, casualty and specialty insurance to customers worldwide. You can find out more: www.starstone.com
Oliver Myles, a boutique events service for both corporate and private clients, provides for all your event and hospitality needs. Using our industry knowledge and experience we focus on delivering specialist events that are tailored to your needs. To read more on the portfolio of event services, go to: www.olivermyles.co.uk
StarStone offer unrivalled expertise in their field. When they reward staff, clients and stakeholders, they insist on working with agencies with similar values to them; Oliver Myles are just one of them.
OME and StarStone have formed a relationship that StarStone has come to rely on. For many years, StarStone has engaged OME to organise hospitality and additional events that have added a premium to their business. With this reassurance from a long-running relationship, StarStone turned to OME to organise their annual conference where important members of the global StarStone team would fly in to listen to important updates, network and touch base with international colleagues.
The requirement from StarStone was quite explicit:
• Two day conference
• Cambridge based
• Circa 30 delegates
• Well-defined budget
• Evening entertainment on night one
• State of the art conference venue with on-site accommodation
• Additional overflow accommodation local to conference venue
• A key note academic speaker, specialising on A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) to ensure distraction from constant shop talk
“With this reassurance from a long-running relationship, StarStone turned to OME to organise their annual conference where important members of the global StarStone team would fly in to listen to important updates, network and touch base with international colleagues.”
StarStone recognised the depth of the expertise OME could bring to the event. This is a highlight event for the stakeholders within the insurer, and you only have one “take” at getting an event such as this right first time. Therefore, an occasion of this magnitude should not be handled by amateurs. With multiple layers and complex requirements demanded, it was time critical – everything had to fall into place with the precision of a swiss watch. The client wasn’t to be disappointed.
The number of delegates that eventually attended was 48, and this presented a challenge as 35 were confirmed. However, these were all confirmed stakeholders; OME rose to the challenge and confirmed the required standard accommodation, matching the budget pound-for-pound. OME’s network is extensive.
“With multiple layers and complex requirements demanded, it was time critical – everything had to fall into place with the precision of a Swiss watch. The client wasn’t to be disappointed.”
The detail OME went to left the client absolutely delighted. The following items were included during the conference:
• Cambridge was the desired location. A City, rich with heritage and educational accomplishments, Cambridge is also a beacon of technological excellence and tailored perfectly to the needs of StarStone.
• Within Cambridge’s labyrinths of available colleges and conference venues, one stood out; Moller Centre.
• Energising smoothies greeted all delegates on arrival; with many flying in from the USA, such a gesture was well greeted.
• Whilst delegates settled into the theme of the conference, porters handled all luggage and ensured they were placed in the guest’s overnight accommodation, ready and waiting for the end of the day to recuperate and refresh.
• Once day one’s presentations and seminars had come to a conclusion, an evening walking tour of Cambridge’s sights and sounds. Cambridge is such a vibrant City, full of fever, fun and history that the delegates enjoyed every twist and turn, with their accompanying guides who were both passionate and knowledgable.
• During day two, a request from StarStone for a pre-eminent speaker on the future of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) was directly requested. Although there have been many Hollywood blockbusters on the subject, there are only a handful of experts across the world. Using OME’s extensive network, Dr Stuart Armstrong from Oxford University was engaged. “The Future of A.I.” was delivered. The audience was enraptured. StarStone delighted.
Paula Storey from StarStone commented: “As you would expect, an annual event of this size is very important to StarStone, yet Oliver Myles Events’ approach was diligent, detailed and extremely enjoyable. We have forged an understanding which has become the foundation of our relationship. Therefore, inviting OME to deliver this work sat very comfortably with the business as a testament of the trust we have.
The event ran like clockwork, all delegates enjoyed the seminars and intertwined events. The feedback has been first-class. We’re looking forward to going back to Cambridge in 2017”.
“As you would expect, an annual event of this size is very important to StarStone, yet Oliver Myles Events’ approach was diligent, detailed and extremely enjoyable.”
Alan Phillips, OME’s co-Managing Director commented: “At OME, we like a challenge and this certainly was! The client brief was specific with room for creativity. Exploring our network to be introduced to Dr Armstrong certainly paid dividends; the discussion on A.I. was very well received.
We enjoy the relationship with StarStone and we look forward to delivering more distinctive, vibrant events in the future.”