Padstow is a charming working fishing port surrounded by glorious sandy beaches, at the head of the Camel River. It is also home to Rick Stein’s food empire with the Seafood Restaurant, cookery school and his hotels.
Outside of Padstow there is plenty to explore in the area so it would make a fabulous base for any special celebration or as an off-site destination for your tea.
Friday – lunchtime arrival and afternoon check in
Friday – evening Rick Stein’s cookery school with dinner (cooked by yourselves)
Saturday – daytime activity, we have loads of suggestions
Saturday – evening, dinner at the Seafood Restaurant.
Sunday – morning, breakfast and check out
Rick Stein’s Cookery School:
Now in it’s 21st year the Cookery School was started to give the chefs at The Seafood Restaurant a bit more intensive training, preparing and cooking fish and shellfish. That teaching is now passed onto guests during the cookery classes.
During this memorable cookery experience you will learn some of the trade secrets and how to cook some of Rick’s classic dishes.
After being greeted with a glass of prosecco and canapés, you will watch two demonstrations by our chefs and then replicate the dishes before sitting down to enjoy the fruits of your labour with a glass or two of good wine, followed by dessert and coffee.
- Salmon with passion fruit, lime and coriander
- Prawn molee – watch demo, cook and eat
- Fillet of sea bass with vanilla butter vinaigrette – watch demo, cook and eat
- Raspberry crème brûlée
- Coffee & petit fours
Typically, the evening would start at around 6pm and end at around 9pm
Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant
The first of the Rick Stein restaurants in Padstow The Seafood Restaurant was opened in 1975 by Rick and Jill Stein. Situated on the Quay it is known for it’s classic Seafood dishes and excellent wines.
Choose from selections such as Sashimi ‘of Scallop, Sea Bass, Tuna and Loch Duart Salmon as a starter to a Singapore Chilli Crab as a main course, there is something for evert palett. Dietary requirements can be catered for as well.
Accommodation: St Petroc’s
Part of the Rick Stein empire St Petroc’s is an historic building with select views of the sea, guest lounge next to a secluded courtyard garden. With plenty of wooden beams, winding stairs and a cosy Cornish feel this is a lovely haven just a few minutes’ walk from the harbour.
Included in your Padstow Celebration
- Private Cookery Experience at the Rick Stein Cookery School, with drinks
- Four course Al Carte dinner at The Seafood Restaurant (wines not included)
- 12.5% service charge on four courses at The Seafood Restaurant
- Two nights accommodation with breakfast*, 5 double and 2 single occupancy rooms
- Transfers between accommodation and Padstow (The Pig only)
- Pre event liaison and planning
- Oliver Myles Event manager on hand to look after you throughout